If ACA is a tax, then muni interest should be exempt.
Here is one general summary …
About Market Linked CDs
- Equity Exposure - MLCDs offer the opportunity to participate in upside performance of an underlying market measure, subject to the terms of each specific MLCD. Participation rates and performance caps may limit investor’s returns relative to the performance of the underlying asset. The amount of any interest payments on the CDs is uncertain, may be zero and may be subject to a cap.
- 100% Principal Protection – The principal portion of an MLCD is guaranteed by the issuing bank when held to maturity. Early withdrawal, in addition to penalties which may apply, could lead to a loss of principal.
- FDIC Insured - FDIC insurance protects the deposits up to $250,000 for all deposits held in the same capacity per depositor, per institution.*
- Diversification – Various MLCDs may track a variety of domestic and/or global indices.
- Low Minimum Investment - MLCDs are available for a minimum investment of $25,000 and increments of $1,000 thereafter.
- Estate Feature - Allows for redemption of the full principal amount at par, without interest, upon death or the adjudication of incompetence of the beneficial owner under certain circumstances, subject to the terms of the specific MLCD.
Secondary Market – Secondary markets for these securities may or may not exist.
In the news …
Incapital introduces, Long Execution of Preferred and Related Debt Securities
The October employment report showed 204,000 jobs were created, beating the average
economist forecast of 125,000 jobs.
U.S. existing-home sales rise 6.5% in July
In the news …
“The city of Detroit, which filed for bankruptcy July 18th, will continue to pay secured creditors, including water and sewer bondholders, according to credit market analysts.”
Chicago-area manufacturing fell to a 51.6 reading from 58.7 in May.
The overall builder-confidence index decreased to 42 in April from 44 in March.
The Fed has said it would keep interest rates at low levels so long as the jobless rate was above 6.5%.